First Aid means the initial help that is delivered to the sick and injured by the first responder before the arrival of healthcare personnel. Albeit it might seem simple, these immediate skills may determine the difference between life and death and many more. Basic life support (BLS) is a level of medical care which is used for victims of life-threatening illnesses or injuries until they can be given full medical care at a hospital. It can be provided by trained medical personnel, including emergency medical technicians, paramedics, and by qualified bystanders.
This one day comprehensive training will emphasize on the emergency procedure that can be carried out immediately if there is any injury or sickness happen in the workplace. This is a highly hands on training with plenty of practical sessions. Participants will explore the common cardiovascular and other body systems that are responsible for the death in Malaysia. The importance of defibrillation in reviving the victim will also be taught thus, familiarizing themselves with the defibrillator. These sessions in addition to the standard first aid skills will enable them to be prepared in carrying out their role as a First Aider.
Completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the new science and education from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Understands the components of high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival for pre-hospital
- Understands the importance of early use of an AED
- Provide effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Perform basic bandaging and splinting skills
- Human Resource Managers and Personnel
- Safety and Health Committee Members
- Emergency Response Team Members
- OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA
- Safety Managers and Personnel
- Security Managers and Personnel
- All levels of workers and interested individuals
- Ability to read and write
- Physically and mentally fit
- Experience of being first aider is an advantage and highly recommended
Training Approach and Methodologies
A comprehensive blend between the Theory and Practical session in which half of the time, the participant will be on the run. With the help of multimedia presentation e.g. slides show, video clips and lively and humorous presentation from our trainers, participants are guaranteed a fun, refreshing yet informative training experience. Sufficient practical material for each and every participant will make sure every of them have a hands on experience to acquire the skills needed to perform the life saving task.
Participants are required to attend for theory and practical session with 100% attendance for eligibility of certificate
Having completed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Training.