Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider Training Course
This course will refresh professional rescuer in the application of AED combined with ordinary CPR besides other Basic Life Support Topics. The course fully adapts the latest AHA Guideline to ensure the training outcomes are met.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to complete the following outside the hospital setting:
• Deliver defibrillation to Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) victims • Demonstrate how to use AED with the combination of CPR • Strengthen Chain of Survival and to increase the survival percentage for sudden cardiac arrest from 5% to 49% - 70% • Demonstrate and practice Basic Life Support Skills (CPR and Choking)
Who Should Attend
• Doctor • Nurse • Medical Assistant • Hospital Assistant • Medical Personnel • All levels of employees and interested individuals
• Physically and mentally fit • Experience being a medical personnel is an advantage and highly recommended, laypersons are recommended to attend the normal CPR and AED class as there are differences in standard between the lay rescuer’s and professional rescuer’s
The Training Approach and Methodologies
Participants will gain essential knowledge and skills through:
• Dynamic & highly engaging presentation • Interactive and fun • Attention-grabbing audio-visual aids, real scene photographs, video clips, multimedia presentation
• Hands-on experience • Participant-orientated
• Experiential learning • Scenario based learning
Competency Based Training (CBT) Approach
We do not solely train our participants on theory (Knowledge), at the same time we also emphasize on practical (Skill), and most importantly, we promote the true value of Good Samaritan and motivate the participants to render help voluntarily without any hesitation.
In other words, we believe in Skills, Knowledge AND Attitude
• Administer practical evaluation following skills checklist • Provide remedial training for those who did not successfully complete the evaluation process
Having completed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Training which are both nationally and internationally recognized.
Delivery of Certificate
Certificate will be delivered to the client’s correspondence address within 21 working days after completion of the course. Special arrangement for fast delivery can be made upon request.
Without retraining, knowledge might be forgotten while skills may deteriorate rapidly when not being used / practiced. Therefore, yearly retraining is very much recommended.
The Training Highlights
Through an intensive training approach, participants will be capable in performing higher level of emergency care that includes:
• Assessment and Eliminating of Danger at Scene • Performing Early CPR • Providing Early Defibrillation (AED)