Fire is one of the scariest disasters that could happen to a workplace. Luckily most fire start small and if preventive measure and training done well, we can limit the damage of fire event to its minimal or even null. This course is specially designed to introduce participants to the duties and responsibilities of a fire fighting team, and to obtain the necessary skills in fire safety, prevention and risk assessment. This course provides awareness of the danger of fire, guidance in the use of fire extinguishers and how to carry out the fire routine procedure. It also includes intensive elements in fire fighting like Hose Team and Drill. A highly recommended practical course for workplace Emergency Response Team (ERT).
Completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the chemistry and method of extinguishing fire
- Demonstrate the use of the Fire Extinguisher promptly
- Demonstrate the correct skills to form a hose team
- Demonstrate the ability to manage fire, safely and effectively
- Demonstrate understanding of self rescue technique during event of fire
- Human Resource Managers and Personnel
- Safety and Health Committee Members
- Emergency Response Team Members
- OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA
- Safety Managers and Personnel
- Security Managers and Personnel
- All levels of workers and interested individuals
- Physically and mentally fit
- Experience in fire safety is an advantage and highly recommended
Training Approach and Methodologies
A good blend of Theory and Practical Session where at least half of the time the participant will be on the run. With the help of multimedia presentation e.g. slides show, video clips and lively and humour presentation from our trainers, participants are guaranteed a fun, refreshing yet informative training experience.
Fire Fighting Drill using Hose is another training approach that catches the participant eye balls and tests them on skills of putting off fire. Sufficient practical material for each and every participant make sure every of them have a hands on experience to acquire the skills needed to perform the life saving task.
Having completed and passed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Competency.
Certificate of Competency valid for 3 years from the date of training. Without retraining, knowledge might be forgotten while skills may deteriorate rapidly when not being used / practiced. Therefore, every 3 years retraining is very much recommended.