Basic Occupational First Aid and CPR Training Course
The First Aid and CPR Training Course is a 2 - full days competency training program certified by DOSH. It is specially designed to train the average workers or layperson to become a fully qualified First Aider in order to provide competent help and care to the injured or ill person during an emergency.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe a method of systematic scene survey and patient assessment, recognition of injuries and sudden illnesses and priorities of first aid treatment • Describe and demonstrate First Aid management for various injuries and illnesses • Demonstrate and practice Lay Rescuer Basic Life Support (CPR and Choking)
Who is a First Aider
Based on the “DOSH Guidelines on First Aid in the Workplace” – 2nd Edition 2004, a First Aider means a person who has successfully completed a first aid course and has been awarded with a Certificate of Proficiency in first aid.
Who Should Attend
• OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA • Safety Managers and Personnel • Security Managers and Personnel • Human Resource Managers and Personnel • Safety and Health Committee Members • Emergency Response Team Members • All levels of employees and interested individuals
• Physically and mentally fit • Experience being a first aider is an advantage and highly recommended
The Training Approach and Methodologies
Participants will gain essential knowledge and skills through:
• Dynamic & highly engaging presentation • Interactive and fun • Attention-grabbing audio-visual aids, real scene photographs, video clips, multimedia presentation
• Hands-on experience • Participant-orientated
• Experiential learning • Scenario based learning
Competency Based Training (CBT) Approach
We do not solely train our participants on theory (Knowledge), at the same time we also emphasize on practical (Skill), and most importantly, we promote the true value of Good Samaritan and motivate the participants to render help voluntarily without any hesitation.
In other words, we believe in Skills, Knowledge AND Attitude
Participants are required to sit for theory and practical assessment, which includes multiple-choice questions, skill demonstrations and mock-drill (scenario based), 80% of attendance is the prerequisite for the said assessment.
Having completed and passed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Proficiency and Course Completion Card which are both nationally and internationally recognized.
Delivery of Certificate
Certificate will be delivered to the client’s correspondence address within 21 working days after completion of the course. Special arrangement for fast delivery can be made upon request.
Both Certificate of Proficiency and Course Completion Card are only valid for 2 years from the date of examination, thereafter the participants need to undergo refresher training for re-certification purpose.
The Training Highlights – Lifelike Mock-drill
After going through all the theory and practical sessions, participants will be exposed to a few lifelike mock-drill sessions (scenario based) which are created by a team of professional casualty make-up artists where multiple injuries will be seen such as bleeding, amputation, penetrating wound, fracture, burn, scald and spine injuries.
Participants will be required to perform first aid treatment for the injuries and a lot of hands-on experience will be gained throughout the drill.
At the same time, participants will have the opportunity to handle complicated emergency conditions, experience “panic” and finally get to know the strength and weaknesses of oneself.