Readiness and competency in handling fire is equivalence with the task that been assigned by whoever in-charging in leading the incident. It is make sense for ERT member sometime forgot in whatever they had learn and practice previously during pass training session as these is not their main task in workplace. But, to handling the risky situation need some knowledge and updated version in skill and guideline. Fire Fighting Practical Refresher module created to emphasize the major practical part in handling the fire equipment’s and to update the skills in fire fighting, so that it will always been polish. Hence , it can encourage the team readiness and build up the confident level among the emergency response team to always ready to face up any coming incident especially fire event.
Completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the chemistry and method of extinguishing fire
- Demonstrate the use of the Fire Extinguisher promptly
- Demonstrate the correct skills to form a hose team
- Demonstrate the ability to manage fire, safely and effectively
- Demonstrate understanding of self rescue technique during event of fire
- Demonstrate building and systematic search and rescue in workplace.
- Perform the hose handling from the introduction until the housekeeping
- Demonstrate the effective way to handling offensive and defensive technique indoor fire attack
- Perform the team formation and establish the leadership among the team
- Human Resource Managers and Personnel
- Safety and Health Committee Members
- Emergency Response Team Members
- OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA
- Safety Managers and Personnel
- Security Managers and Personnel
- All levels of workers and interested individuals
- Physically and mentally fit
- Experience being an ERT is an advantage and highly recommended
Training Approach and Methodologies
A comprehensive blend of Theory and Practical Session in which half of the time the participant will be on the run. With the help of multimedia presentation e.g. slides show, video clips and lively and humour presentation from our trainers, participants are guaranteed a fun, refreshing yet informative training experience.
Fire Fighting Drill using Hose is another training approach that catches the participant eye balls and tests them on skills of putting off fire. Sufficient practical material for each and every participant make sure every of them have a hands on experience to acquire the skills needed to perform the life saving task.
Having completed and passed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Training.
Certificate of Training is valid for 3 years from the date of training. Without retraining, knowledge might be forgotten while skills may deteriorate rapidly when not being used / practiced. Therefore, every 3 years retraining is very much recommended.