Do you ever encounter or watch someone compressing the chest of a casualty or bandaging a bleeding case? Ever wondered of how do they know what and when to do so? This talk is specially designed to introduce the candidate the value and importance of First Aid knowledge; a simple set of skills which can save life. It is also intended to help raise safety standards and awareness as well as preparing participants on how to manage emergencies adequately effective. First Aid means the initial help that is delivered to the sick and injured by the first responder before the arrival of healthcare personnel. Albeit it might seem simple, these immediate skills may determine the difference between life and death if the essential skills regarding bleeding control being correctly applied as soon as possible.
This 4 hours awareness talk will be covering the key element of first aid and its related crucial topics. Apart from theoretical discussion, participants would get a clearer understanding of the topics covered through the demonstration and short practical conducted.
Upon completion of the talk, participants will be able to:
- Realize the importance of First Aid intervention and the role of a First Aider
- Explain on the death and its phases
- Understand generally the mechanism of common life-threatening diseases
- Understand the sequence of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Acknowledge the function of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Know how to handle a choking victim
- Acquire the principle method of bleeding handling
- Human Resource Managers and Personnel
- Safety and Health Committee Members
- Emergency Response Team Members
- OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA
- Safety Managers and Personnel
- Security Managers and Personnel
- All levels of workers and interested individuals
- Physically and mentally fit
- Basic proficiency of Bahasa Malaysia and English
Training Approach and Methodologies
A comprehensive blend between the dynamic and highly engaging theoretical and demonstration parts through multimedia presentation and practical.
Having completed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Awareness.