The forgetting curve hypothesizes the decline of memory retention in time and one study shows that the first aider will have difficulty in recalling their training after 3 months has passed. Therefore, a practical refresher would be an excellent booster for the previously acquired first aid skills. First Aid means the initial help that is delivered to the sick and injured by the first responder before the arrival of healthcare personnel. Albeit it might seem simple, the correct implementation of these skills may determine the difference between life and death of the casualty.
This one day comprehensive training will emphasize on the essential first aid skills as well as the core of basic life support (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) that can be carried out immediately if there is any injury or sickness happen in the workplace.
Completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the new science and education from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Revise and perform the D.R.C.A.B steps in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Understands the correct handling of bleeding and perform basic bandaging
- Know how to handle a suspected spinal injury with the correct updated techniques
- Able to experience and being evaluated on their own performance in a real-like simulation incident scenarios
- Human Resource Managers and Personnel
- Safety and Health Committee Members
- Emergency Response Team Members
- OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA
- Safety Managers and Personnel
- Security Managers and Personnel
- All levels of workers and interested individuals
- Ability to read and write
- Physically and mentally fit
- Experience of being first aider is an advantage and highly recommended
Training Approach and Methodologies
A comprehensive blend between the Theory and Practical session in which half of the time, the participant will be on the run. With the help of multimedia presentation e.g. slides show, video clips and lively and humorous presentation from our trainers, participants are guaranteed a fun, refreshing yet informative training experience. Sufficient practical material for each and every participant will make sure every of them have a hands on experience to acquire the skills needed to perform the life saving task.
Practical Training Approach
During our training Program, the participants are exposed to our master class trainer humorous delivery of knowledge that makes the class never bored. Then, EACH and EVERY one of them will need to dirty their hand to participate in the Practical Session which is compulsory for certification.
Participants are required to attend for theory and practical session with 100% attendance for eligibility of certificate.
Having completed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Training.