WHAT IS FOOD POISONING?
Food poisoning is any illness caused by eating contaminated food or drink.
CAUSES OF FOOD POISONING?
* Meals are prepared too early and stored at room temperature.
* Cool down hot food too long before being stored in the refrigerator.
* Do not heat the food to a temperature high enough to kill bacteria.
* Eat cooked food contaminated with harmful bacteria.
* Do not cook food at a temperature sufficiently (do not kill germs).
* Do not thaw frozen food taste cross-contamination between raw and cooked food.
* Leaving food touched first ago by cockroaches, flies, mice and animals flying like a cat and a bird.
* Food handlers diseased (finger wound, abscess) and adopt bad habits such as smoking, picking your nose, ears, spitting everywhere, scratching their heads or members of other bodies, talk time handling food.
* Raw materials are stored together food already cooked and ready to eat cause cross-contamination. Raw materials, especially meat or results should be stored at temperatures as low as 40 C
* Eating food surplus.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF FOOD POISONING?
* Food poisoning can lead to death if not treated early.
* It also can lead to disability such as paralysis or arthritis lasting or chronic.
* May cause complications loss of body fluids is significant due to vomiting and diarrhea to causing dehydration or exhausted body strength. This in turn will lower blood pressure (hypotension), kidney failure, and many others.
* The loss of too much potassium salts of the body including the heart muscle causing cramping, seizures and even coma. Other complications include septicemia, where bacteria enter the blood and spread throughout the body.
HOW TO AVOID FOOD POISONING?
Use these 3 important tips when shopping at the bazaar before enjoying a meal of Ramadan and fasting can prevent you from becoming a victim of food poisoning .
OBSERVE: Make sure you buy from a store that is clean and food handlers are clean and fully clothed ( covered head , attired , air aprons , gloves and appropriate equipment ) . Do not buy food that was slimy as the indication of the food has spoiled. Do not buy food that is exposed uncovered .
SMELL: Do not feed the food that smells fishy or foul while trying to break .
TASTE: If eaten giving a strange feeling . STOP and do not proceed . WASTE Foods that have been damaged earlier.