This course aims to provide additional higher-level modules for Basic First Aiders to increase their competency level and enable them to respond effectively to unique hazards, toxic chemicals or other significant hazards or conditions that could be created in their workplace. It is suitable for non-EMS responders including government, corporate, industry, lifeguards, security personnel, law enforcement, corrections personnel, and other individuals who are not EMS or healthcare providers, but desire or require certification in Advanced First Aid.
This three (3) days comprehensive training will highly emphasize on hands-on training module aiming to increase the competency level of first aiders. Participants will explore the common cardiovascular and other body systems that are responsible for the death in Malaysia. On top of that, participants will be taught to utilize advanced equipment such as basic airway adjuncts, Bag-Valve Mask (BVM), Oxygen Therapy set, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and tools for transporting the victims. The importance of defibrillation in reviving the victim will also be taught thus, familiarizing themselves with the defibrillator. Similar to basic course, they will also be taught in triage process during Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) with a more comprehensive method including the secondary triage. These sessions in addition to the standard first aid skills will enable them to be prepared in carrying out their role as a competent First Aider.
Completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the new science and education from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Understands the components of high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Confidently demonstrates how to use AED with combination of CPR
- Provide effective ventilations using a barrier device and the use of oxygen delivery devices
- Familiarize with the roles of resuscitation team personnel
- Perform bandaging and splinting skills competently
- Understands the role of first aider in securing the spinal injury casualty
- Demonstrate ability to use advanced equipment such as Airway adjuncts, Oxygen Therapy set, Bag- Valve-Mask (BVM) and AED.
- Manage Multiple Casualty Incident with systematic approach.
- Understand the importance of familiarizing with First Aider activation chart and response planning.
- Enable the management to comply with the Legal Provision and DOSH guidelines
- Workplace First Aider
- Human Resource Managers and Personnel
- Safety and Health Committee Members
- Emergency Response Team Members
- OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA
- Safety Managers and Personnel
- Security Managers and Personnel
- All levels of workers and interested individual
- Ability to read and write
- Physically and mentally fit
- Experience of being a first aider is an advantage and highly recommended
Training Approach and Methodologies
A comprehensive blend between the Theory and Practical session in which half of the time, the participant will be on the run. With the help of multimedia presentation e.g. slides show, video clips and lively and humorous presentation from our trainers, participants are guaranteed a fun, refreshing yet informative training experience.
Scenario based make up drill is another training approach that catch the participants’ eyes and test them on skills and management of scene. Sufficient practical material for each and every participant will make sure every of them have a hands on experience to acquire the skills needed to perform the life-saving task.
Practical Training Approach
During our training Program, the participants are exposed to our master class trainer humorous delivery of knowledge that makes the class never bored. Then, EACH and EVERY one of them will need to dirty their hand to participate in the Practical Session which is compulsory for certification. Lastly, the trainer will clear their doubt on whether they should help or not in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) & Motivation Session.
Participants are required to attend for 80% of theory and 100% of practical session for eligibility of certificate. They will need to sit for both theory and practical assessment which will be integrated during the course.
Having completed and passed both of the theory and practical assessment of the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Proficiency.
Certificate of Proficiency is valid for 3 years from the date of examination. A practical refresher is recommended annually to refresh the acquired knowledge and skills.
The Program Highlight – Lifelike Mock Drill
After going through all the theory and practical sessions, participants will be exposed to a few real-like mock-drill stations (scenario based) which are created where multiple injuries will be seen such as bleeding, amputation, penetrating would, fracture, burn, scald and spine injuries. The formation of resuscitation team will also be integrated to further sharpen their understanding.
Participants will be asked to perform first aid treatment for the injuries and a lot of hands-on experience will be gained throughout the drill. This is the real test that makes the participant a competent First Aider.