Flammable gas such as Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), Propane, Acetylene and many more is most common to be used at many places in industries around the world especially for Oil and gas in various places that necessary involved. But, not many people around aware that this flammable gases is also considered as one in the 9 classes of hazardous material in which is can cause harm and danger toward the surrounding as well as environment. The biggest consequences that can happen due to the maintaining factor or maybe cause by man-made disaster is leaking from it piping or container.
Controlling and handing such this case is required basic special skills on how to knock down the fire at the same time perform the valve isolation procedure when everyone knew this response is a highly tricky and risky. Safety and knowledge is totally depending to the Fire Fighting ERT member to make immediate decision without compromised the member and other people life. The team readiness in term of equipment’s preparation also play a big role in this event to identified the needed and equipment is completely in a good condition and well maintaining before the incident as well this is a part of the responsibilities an every single member.
This Tactical Occupational Fire Fighting for LPG leaking course is design to developing the special skills and knowledge for every single team in fire operation for ERT level. Every single person will not miss the chance to hand-on in every practical from small fire till lively pressurize flammable gases and they will be exposed to the real fire scenario as their places. The team handling during this critical event is really crucial part to develop and polish the command and control as well as to apply into the leadership expertise toward the team assignation. Tactic and strategy is the biggest condition that will determine the effectiveness of the fire team operation and successfully toward the objective.
Completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the chemistry and method of extinguishing fire
- Demonstrate the use of the Fire Extinguisher promptly
- Demonstrate the correct skills to form a hose team
- Demonstrate the ability to manage fire, safely and effectively
- Demonstrate understanding of self rescue technique during event of fire
- Understand the job scope and responsibilities of rescue team
- Be able to lively fight pressurize LPG fire
- Demonstrate the proper technique reach the LPG fire
- Be able to improvise the skill and technique in fire and rescue
- Human Resource Managers and Personnel
- Safety and Health Committee Members
- Emergency Response Team Members
- OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA
- Safety Managers and Personnel
- Security Managers and Personnel
- All levels of workers and interested individuals
- Physically and mentally fit
- Experience in fire safety is an advantage and highly recommended
Training Approach and Methodologies
A good blend of Theory and Practical Session in which almost half of the time the participant will be on the run. With the help of multimedia presentation e.g. slides show, video clips and lively and humour presentation from our trainers, participants are guaranteed a fun, refreshing yet informative training experience.
Fire Fighting Drill using Hose is another training approach that catches the participant eye balls and tests them on skills of putting off fire. Sufficient practical material for each and every participant make sure every of them have a hands on experience to acquire the skills needed to perform the life saving task.
Having completed and passed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Competency.
Certificate of Competency is valid for 3 years from the date of training. Without retraining, knowledge might be forgotten while skills may deteriorate rapidly when not being used / practiced. Therefore, every 3 years retraining is very much recommended.