Lost and trapped in the building is often happen during fire event due to limited visibility for occupant to run and identify the exit route during evacuation. Thus, Rescue team need to be activated immediately right after loss of head count been identified. Some of the industrial ERT Fire Fighting team is combined with Search and Rescue Team to build up a tough response team as fire event is one of the risky operation that need to be calculated and should be included in accountability system before entering the building. This Tactical Occupational Fire Fighting for Search and Rescue course is specially designed to introduce participants to the duties and responsibilities of a Fire Fighting team as well as Search and Rescue team (SAR) in detail. To obtain the necessary skills in fire safety, rescue, prevention and risk assessment. This course provides awareness of the danger of fire guidance includes intensive elements in fire fighting like Hose Team and Drill. A highly recommended practical course for workplace’s Emergency Response Team (ERT).
Completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the chemistry and method of extinguishing fire
- Demonstrate the use of the Fire Extinguisher promptly
- Demonstrate the correct skills to form a hose team
- Demonstrate the ability to manage fire, safely and effectively
- Demonstrate understanding of self-rescue technique during event of fire
- Understand the job scope and responsibilities of rescue team
- Demonstrate highly team work as fire and rescue team in disaster phase
- Be able to improvise the skill and technique in fire and rescue
- Capable to manage the emotional in dark and smoky area
- Understand the role and responsibilities in ERT by fire simulation drill
- Human Resource Managers and Personnel
- Safety and Health Committee Members
- Emergency Response Team Members
- OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA
- Safety Managers and Personnel
- Security Managers and Personnel
- All levels of workers and interested individuals
- Physically and mentally fit
- Experience in fire safety is an advantage and highly recommended
Training Approach and Methodologies
A good blend of Theory and Practical Session in which almost half of the time the participant will be on the run. With the help of multimedia presentation e.g. slides show, video clips and lively and humor presentation from our trainers, participants are guaranteed a fun, refreshing yet informative training experience.
Fire Fighting Drill using Hose is another training approach that catches the participant eye balls and tests them on skills of putting off fire. Sufficient practical material for each and every participant make sure every of them have a hands on experience to acquire the skills needed to perform the life saving task.
Having completed and passed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Competency.
Certificate of Competency is valid for 3 years from the date of training. Without retraining, knowledge might be forgotten while skills may deteriorate rapidly when not being used / practiced. Therefore, every 3 years retraining is very much recommended.