Occupational First Aid for OSH Practitioners and Professionals
This program is specifically planned for all OSH practitioners and Professionals, who are currently practicing in the industry, to understand the DOSH guidelines and to implement it as is practicable according to the legal provision.
Retraining is needed due to the fact that the ordinary first aid training (usually takes 2 – 3 days) does not guarantee participant’s future performance, because skills competency deteriorates rapidly when they are not used or practiced.
This retraining is aimed to assist current first aiders in reviewing their skills and knowledge, but it does not take place as formal refresher training, which should be conducted by ASEC every two (2) years for re-certification.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Perform as a competent team leader in providing advanced first aid treatments to the ill and injured in an emergency • Understand the DOSH Guidelines of First Aid in the Workplace (2004) • Complete the entry requirements for Occupational First Aid Trainer Certification Program (TCP)
Who is a First Aider
Based on the “DOSH Guidelines on First Aid in the Workplace” – 2nd Edition 2004, a First Aider means a person who has successfully completed a first aid course and has been awarded with a Certificate of Proficiency in first aid.
Who Should Attend
• OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA • HealthCare Providers: Dr, SRN, MA, etc • Basic First Aiders • Emergency Response Team Members and Leaders • First Aid Team Leaders • Corporate and Institutional Trainer • Outdoor Instructor • Law Enforcers and EMS Personnel • Fire Fighters • Lifeguards • Flight Attendants • Anyone who’s desires to be a certified First Aid Trainer
• Physically and mentally fit • Experience in the field of OSH and Emergency Care is an added advantage and highly recommended
The Training Approach and Methodologies
Participants will gain essential knowledge and skills through:
• Dynamic & highly engaging presentation • Interactive and fun • Attention-grabbing audio-visual aids, real scene photographs, video clips, multimedia presentation
• Hands-on experience • Participant-orientated
• Experiential learning • Scenario based learning
Competency Based Training (CBT) Approach
We do not solely train our participants on theory (Knowledge), at the same time we also emphasize on practical (Skill), and most importantly, we promote the true value of Good Samaritan and motivate the participants to render help voluntarily without any hesitation.
In other words, we believe in Skills, Knowledge AND Attitude
Participants are required to sit for theory and practical assessment, which includes multiple-choice questions, skill demonstrations, verbal test and mock-drill (scenario based), 80% of attendance is the prerequisite for the said assessment.
Having completed and passed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Proficiency and Course Completion Card which are both nationally and internationally recognized.
Delivery of Certificate
Certificate will be delivered to the client’s correspondence address within 21 working days after completion of the course. Special arrangement for fast delivery can be made upon request.
Both Certificate of Proficiency and Course Completion Card are only valid for 2 years from the date of examination, thereafter the participants need to undergo refresher training for re-certification purpose.
The Training Benefits
• An approved Continuous Education Program (CEP) for registered safety and health officers (SHO) and also as recognized continuing education for Assessors, Hygiene Technician, Occupational Health Doctor (OHD) and Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) • Eligible to be a facilitator to conduct retraining for first aiders in participant’s workplace (Facilitator’s Resource Manual is provided) • Earn the entry requirements for Occupational First Aid Trainer Certification Program (TCP)
Comprehensive Facilitator’s Toolkit
• A DOSH Guidelines on First Aid in the Workplace (2nd Edition 2004) • A Facilitator’s Resource Manual which contains power point presentations • A DVD of Basic Life Support • A full colour book of First Aid, CPR and AED