Occupational First Aid Trainer Certification Program
It is designed for an individual:
To become a certified Occupational First Aid (OFA) trainer who is not only excellent in speaking and training but also eligible to issue the most recognized “Certificate of Proficiency” to their participants.
It is also designed for corporate company: To improve cost effectiveness by training internal staffs to become qualified trainer in conducting their very own in-house trainings instead of sending their staff for outsource trainings.
The First Aid and CPR training is currently on high demands in the country, mainly to meet the needs of the organizations and the general community. It is regardless to your current level of expertise and it doesn’t matter whether you have had formal medical training or teaching experience.
We are proud to be able to produce “top notch” Trainers in this field of expertise. All of the new Trainers produced by ASEC will be well versed in instructional techniques after completing and passing the Trainer Certification Program. It provides them the resources they need and help make them become more knowledgeable and competent.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Discuss why introductions are important in any training program • List the characteristics of effective trainers • Perform a customer-needs analysis to determine any additional needs that would be added to the course (customization) • List the steps in planning a course • Understand how to conduct an effective 2 full days Occupational First Aid and CPR • Program to the corporate which comply to DOSH requirement • Demonstrate how to conduct a Competency Based Training (CBT) which emphasizes on Knowledge, Skill and Attitude • Demonstrate how to engage participants in the program • Demonstrate various teaching methods used in conducting courses • Demonstrate effective presentation techniques • Demonstrate how to organize mock-drills / simulations • Perform simple casualty make-up skill • List the administrative aspects that need to take place with each course • Demonstrate an ability to evaluate and remediate participant performance • Demonstrate disassembly and decontamination of training equipment
Who Should Attend
• OSH Practitioners: SHO, OHD, OHN, IHT, CHRA • HealthCare Providers: Dr, SRN, MA, etc • Basic First Aiders • Emergency Response Team Members and Leaders • First Aid Team Leaders • Corporate and Institutional Trainer • Outdoor Instructor • Law Enforcers and EMS Personnel • Fire Fighters • Lifeguards • Flight Attendants • Anyone who’s desires to be a certified First Aid Trainer
• Physically and mentally fit • Experience in the field of OSH and Emergency Care is an added advantage and highly recommended
The Training Approach and Methodologies
Participants will gain essential knowledge and skills through:
• Dynamic & highly engaging presentation • Interactive and fun • Attention-grabbing audio-visual aids, real scene photographs, video clips, multimedia presentation
• Hands-on experience • Participant-orientated
The Training Format
During the program, each trainer candidate will be assigned with 3 topics – Basic Life Support, First Aid Theory, and First Aid Practical. The trainer candidate will instruct / teach the other trainer candidates as participants on each assigned topic.
These topics are to be presented by the trainer candidate using the same instructional materials, visual aids and handouts that he / she will ultimately use for his / her own classes.
After teaching their assigned topics, their participants will review and comment / critique. This allows each participant to see the positive aspects of teaching and to learn teaching techniques from others.
This highly interactive trainer program will make ANYONE Stand, Speak and Deliver in 4 full days.
1. Attended and passed the 4 days Trainer Certification Program – Part 1, which includes: • Basic Life Support (BLS) in accordance to CPR and ECC Guidelines 2005 • Basic Occupational First Aid • Advanced Occupational First Aid • Facilitator Program
2. Completed the Trainer Certification Program – Part 2
3. Passed all 3 assessment in Part 2
4. Conduct at least one (1) First Aid and CPR course while being monitored by a Lead Trainer or a Master Trainer or provide the recorded video of their actual training for the Master Trainer to review
Having completed and passed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Proficiency and ASEC First Aid Trainer Card which are both nationally and internationally recognized.
Delivery of Certificate
Certificate will be delivered to the client’s correspondence address within 21 working days after completion of the course. Special arrangement for fast delivery can be made upon request.
The ASEC First Aid Trainer Certification are complete when the trainer candidates pass the Co- Teaching program in ASEC assigned real class. After they have been monitored and Certified as a ASEC First Aid Trainer, they will be awarded with a Trainer Card. The card is valid for one calendar year, expiring each December 31st. If their Trainer approval date is after 1st of August, however, the Trainer card will be valid until December 31st of the following year.
In order to renew the Trainer credentials (Trainer Card), you must comply the ASEC registered trainer minimum training hour.
The Training Benefits
• Eligible to be registered as First Aid and CPR Trainer with ASEC • Awarded with an Occupational First Aid Trainer Certificate by ASEC • Qualified to conduct ASEC licensed OFA & CPR program and issue the most recognized “Certificate of Proficiency” and “Course Completion Card” to their participants • Pre-qualifications to license, facilitate, co-teaching, understudy, assist, and deliver in actual training sessions • Attendance to Skills Enhancement Workshops • 1 year unlimited email coaching support
1. An Instructor's CD-ROM for First Aid, CPR and AED (contents imported from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, AAOS) • Power point presentations • Course outlines • Skill sheets • Image bank • Test bank • Course exam
2. An Instructor's CD-ROM for Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured (contents imported from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, AAOS) • Power point presentations • Course outlines • Skill sheets • Image bank • Test bank • Course exam
3. A Skills DVD (contents imported from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons ,AAOS)
4. A Basic Make-up Set
1. Micro – Training Laboratory • Each participant will conduct at least 3 training sessions which will be video-recorded for peer feedback and Master Trainer recommendations
2. Mock-drill Session • Each participant will be taught on organizing simulation drills, casualty make-up and artificial blood making, these crucial skills will definitely help your training to stand out from the rest
Being a trainer, it’s not only financially rewarding;it lets you make a lasting impact on people’s lives!!!