The basic concept utilized is experiential learning or learning through experience.
Participants take part in various activities which initiate and enhance skills such as leadership, teamwork, and communication. These activities are facilitated by Instructors who ensure activities are adapted to fit the participants' capabilities to maximize learning.
As the experiences are more vivid than normal classroom lectures, participants have a higher retention and transfer of the lessons learnt to working and personal life. This is a key strength of all activities.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
Team Building Module:
• Build strong teamwork among ERT members • Learn to be a good leader and follower, as situation requires • Have the ownership of the ERT • Pride of being an ERT member • Support and follow procedures / instructions effectively
Basic First Aid and CPR Refresher:
• Perform the CPR based on the Latest 2005 CPR and ECC Guidelines • Handle complicated emergency situations and get to know the strength and weakness on oneself.
Basic Fire Fighting Refresher:
• Use and handle the Fire Extinguisher to put out small fire safely and effectively
• Understand the method of Self rescue and risk assessment during emergency
• Perform various rescue techniques like Reach out, Throw out and Row out, in order to bring the victim onto dry safely • Perform Rescue Breathing and Spinal Care in the water
Who Should Attend
• Factory / Production / Purchasing Managers and Executives • Management / Human Resources Managers and Executives • Engineers and Technicians • Safety and Health Officers • Safety and Health Committee / Leaders • Supervisors or Union Representatives
• Physically and mentally fit • Experience of being a ERT Member, First Aider or Fire Warden is an advantage and highly recommended
The Training Approach and Methodologies
Participants will gain essential knowledge and skills through:
• Dynamic & highly engaging presentation • Interactive and fun • Attention-grabbing audio-visual aids, real scene photographs, video clips, multimedia presentation
• Hands-on experience • Participant-orientated
• Experiential learning • Scenario based learning
Having completed and passed the course, participants will be awarded with Certificate of Training.
Delivery of Certificate
Certificate will be delivered to the client’s correspondence address within 21 working days after completion of the course. Special arrangement for fast delivery can be made upon request.
Without retraining, knowledge might be forgotten while skills may deteriorate rapidly when not being used / practiced. Therefore, yearly retraining is very much recommended.